Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fourth of July

So as we all know, this past week marked July 4, 2008. However, when a friend sent me an email on the third asking if my family had plans for "tomorrow", I didn't know what she was talking about! A little glimpse into how astute I am. At any rate, my mom and my sisters and I ran to Target the morning of our Independence Day to buy fireworks so we could set them off in our driveway after going to the park to watch the city's show. Traffic turned out to be so heavy at the park that we had to leave our car several blocks away, and in the confusion of everyone's departure after the fireworks, we couldn't find it again. So we ended up wandering around downtown Eau Claire in the dead of night for an hour or so.

Obviously, I survived to write another day, and over all it was a fun fourth.

On a different note, I need to add to my schedule! Here's how it looks for now:

August 7th: Reading and Q&A at the Fall Creek Public Library in Fall Creek, Wisconsin; 3pm
August 14th: I announce the winners of the teen writing contest at the FCPL again; 3pm
August 19th: Signing and discussion at the Borders store in Eau Claire, Wisconsin; 7pm

I'll be in Colorado from the 29th of July to the 5th of August, but I'm free any other time to do events. Contact me (cayla[at]forsoothpublishing.com), or send an email to editor[at]forsoothpublishing.com to arrange something, or, if you'd just like me to come to your hometown, maybe drop a word to your local library or bookstore!

Thanks so much for visiting, and I'll be back in a few days.

Cayla

No comments: