Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Need2Read 3/29/11

Okay, so it's not the 29th anymore.  But it's close!  I've heard a rumor that book two came out in Italy yesterday (I'm a little out of the loop) -- Italian readers, is that so?  At any rate, here is the cover art for Alera in Italy (LOVE it!):



Now on to Need2Read...

Need2Read is a weekly meme hosted by Offkey wherein you post a list of one or more books you absolutely NEED to read. Post your list on your blog and leave a comment here so that I and other readers can find it -- or just share your Need2Reads in the comments!

1. Purple Daze by Sherry Shahan


When you hear historical fiction, you think Tudor England or Little Women (at least I do).  Purple Daze takes place in the sixties.  Plus I love this book's concept, six girls telling their stories through journal entries, poems, etc.  Sounds amazing.

2. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut


Probably because this book has "slaughterhouse" in the title, I grew up thinking this was some gritty, horribly gruesome story about the Holocaust.  I literally just found out it isn't.  (At first I was really confused about the review on the cover that calls it hilarious....)  Now I have to read it.

3. The Adults by Alison Espach


Reader rec!  This book sounds really interesting.  Check out author site: http://www.alisonespach.com/.

4. The Bonemender by Holly Bennet


Another reader recommendation (I didn't realize how many of them made the list this week -- thanks a bunch guys!!).  First book in an acclaimed fantasy series, one which I MUST read.

5. The Fiddler's Gun by A. S. Peterson


*Reader rec!* Okay, I love this cover in a kind of silly extreme way.  It's so pretty and grungy and awesome!  Add historical fiction, pirates, an orphanage, a fiddler named Bart, and someone called Sister Hilde, and this book cannot go wrong.

That's the list for this week - please leave your Need2Reads in the comments, along with any book recommendations you may have for me!  I love knowing what you guys are reading.

I will be back soon with my "Where-It's-At" list.  (I'm falling behind this week!)

Rock on,

Cayla

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Alera's cover!!

Dottie :)

Chelsea Cameron said...

Added Need2Read to my blog. Weirdly enough, a lot of the books you've put on your lists are ones I want to read. BTW, Fiddler's Gun is awesome.